We have 2 Part time positions we need to fill at Friendship Adult Day Services ASAP.
Experience a plus but we can train.
Person needs to enjoy working with elderly and/or disabled Participants.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Applications may be picked up at our office or I can email.
Please share this email with anyone who you may know that might be interested.
Position 1: Program Asst. 1
7am – 3 pm w/ 30 minutes for lunch. 37.5 hrs./week M-F. Pay is $11/hr. plus free lunch and other “perks”. Year-end Bonus depending on time worked. No other benefits.
Must be on time and have reliable transportation as this person is part of a two-person team that opens each day. Must pass Background check and physical, which we pay for.
Position 2: Program Asst.
10am-5:00pm w/ 30 minutes for lunch. 32.5 hrs./week M-F. Pay is $10/hr. plus free lunch and other “perks”. Year-end Bonus depending on time worked. No other benefits.
Must be on time and have reliable transportation as this person is part of the team that closes each day. Must pass Background check and physical, which we pay for.
Both positions have the duties listed in the attached Job description. In addition, the Program Assistant 1 also has additional duties with meal service/snack prep and Kitchen Inventory.
Friendship Adult Day Services, Inc.
Job Description – Program Assistant-Part time
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Directly responsible to the Program Director.
2. Assist the Program Director with activities as they relate to the programming.
3. Provide assistance, instruction, and encouragement to the participants in cognitive, physical, and psychosocial activities.
4. Encourage participants to be as independent as possible.
5. Keep daily records of meals served.
6. Record time sheets.
7. Assist clients with personal needs (toileting, emergencies, and mealtime). Regularly lift 10lbs. Frequently assist adults up to 150 lbs, and occasionally, with partner assistance, assist adults up to 300 lbs
8. Implement safety procedures as designated by policy. (This includes safely and accurately participating in drills and in the daily safety practices that relate to locking doors while using cleaning equipment, providing supervision to participants and any other safe practice requested.)
9. Promote teamwork within the agency that interpersonal conflicts do not occur.
10. Have the ability to work with and relate to elderly and/or disabled adults.
11. Be responsible to the Executive Director in reference to hiring, evaluation and dismissal.
12. Other duties as requested and specific shift requires.
High School Diploma or equivalence required. Interest in helping elderly and/or disabled adults. Have and pass annual TB Skin Test and physical.
Pay Range: $10.00 - $11.00 per hour.
I have read and I understand the responsibilities, as described above.
______________________________________ ____________________ Employee Signature / Date
Connie Morse, Executive Director
Friendship Adult Day Services, Inc
1946B Martin Street
Burlington, NC 27217
United Way and Community Council are not responsible for the content of this email or for any attachments to it. The content is solely the responsibility of the originator.