Give of Your Time
The gift of time is important to our community. Be a catalyst for the change you want to see in Alamance County. Our United Way offers many ways for you to give back. You may become a United Way volunteer by choosing one of the opportunites below or let us connect you with one of our partner agencies. Give an hour. Give a Saturday. Give your best. When you reach out a hand to one, you influence the condition of all.
Make A Difference Day: Spring 2015
Make A Difference Day is the most encompassing national day of helping others -- a celebration of neighbors helping neighbors. Everyone can participate. Alamance County has several nonprofit agencies participating that need help from the community. For more details or to register for a project, please contact Ruth Pruitt at (336) 438-2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall Community Event Committee - Helps coordinate entertainment, venue, food, decorations, etc. for our major fundraising event (May-September)
- Issue Team- Reviews grant applications and makes recommendations for funding (February 15-April 15)
- Make A Difference Day Planning Commitee - Committee members help recruit community projects, volunteers, and plan kick off event (January- April).
- Make A Difference Day Volunteer - Need volunteers to help with various projects for local nonprofit agencies (Spring 2015).
- Various Volunteer Opportunities - Projects include mailings, packing campaign supplies, putting together notebooks, attaching labels on invites, etc. (as needed).
If you are interested in volunteering, you can contact Barrett Thompson at (336) 438-2000, or click the link below, fill out the form, and return it to the United Way office by fax at 438-2009, by mail at PO Box 1268, Burlington, NC 27216, or email it to Barrett Thompson.