- About Us
- Community Impact
- Running a Campaign
- Photo Album
- Contact Us
- Ways to Give
Give of Your Time
The gift of time is important to our community. Be a catalyst for the change you want to see in Alamance County. Our United Way offers many ways for you to give back. You may become a United Way volunteer by choosing one of the opportunites below or let us connect you with one of our partner agencies. Give an hour. Give a Saturday. Give your best. When you reach out a hand to one, you influence the condition of all.
Make A Difference Day: October 26, 2013
Make A Difference Day is the most encompassing national day of helping others -- a celebration of neighbors helping neighbors. Everyone can participate. Created by USA WEEKEND Magazine, Make A Difference Day is an annual event that takes place on the fourth Saturday of every October. Alamance County has several nonprofit agencies participating that need help from the community. For more details or to register for a project, please contact Ruth Pruitt at (336) 438-2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall Community Event Committee - Helps coordinate entertainment, venue, food, decorations, etc. for our major fundraising event (May-September)
- Habitat House Planning Committee - Provides assistance with recruiting lunches, in-kind items, sponsors, and volunteers (May-October)
- Habitat House Volunteer - Four hour shift either in the morning or afternoon to help a deserving family build a house (October 1-15)
- Issue Team- Reviews grant applications and makes recommendations for funding (February 15-April 15)
- Make A Difference Day Planning Commitee - Committee members help recruit community projects, volunteers, and plan kick off event (July-October).
- Make A Difference Day Volunteer - Need volunteers to help with various projects for local nonprofit agencies (held the 4th Saturday in October).
- Speaker - Individuals who share the United Way message with companies who request a speaker for their campaign kick-off (training will be provided, needed from July-December).
- Various Volunteer Opportunities - Projects include mailings, packing campaign supplies, putting together notebooks, attaching labels on invites, etc. (as needed).
If you are interested in volunteering, you can contact Barrett Thompson at (336) 438-2000, or click the link below, fill out the form, and return it to the United Way office by fax at 438-2009, by mail at PO Box 1268, Burlington, NC 27216, or email it to Barrett Thompson.