Get Help

Healthcare EnrollmentOpen Enrollment Assistance

Do you have healthcare insurance? Learn more about the Healthcare Marketplace Open Enrollment and other health plans you and your family may qualify for, including financial assistance with premiums. Open enrollment starts November 1st and continues through January 15th.

Book your appointment today by clicking here

Here is what you will need for your appointment:

Document number if eligible immigrant
Pay stubs, W2 or other income documentation
Date of birth of household members if applying for family coverage
Policy numbers for members with current coverage

In-person assistance is also available at the following locations and times: 

Mebane Public Library (101 S. First Street, Mebane, NC 27302)

Thursday 10-12:30 beginning November 10th-January 12th


Graham Public Library (211 South Main Street, Graham, NC 27253)

Tuesdays 10-12:30 beginning November 8th-January 10th


May Memorial Library (342 S Spring St, Burlington, NC 27215)

Wednesdays 10-12:30 beginning November 16th-January 11th


Medication Management Clinic (1225 Huffman Mill Rd, Burlington, NC 27215)

Fridays 1:30-3 beginning December 2nd-January 13th) 


General Assistance

Need assistance? Not sure where to start? No matter where you live in North Carolina, you can call 2-1-1 and a trained 2-1-1 agent will help you to find available human services resources in your community.

If you need help finding assistance with housing, food, healthcare, utility payments, and more, we can help. 2-1-1 Referral Specialists are available 24 hours a day, every day by dialing 2-1-1 or 888-892-1162 from any phone. The call is free, confidential, and available in any language.

To use the online 2-1-1 search tool, please visit

Over the past year, NC211 has fielded over 4,000 calls from individuals living in Alamance County. Top caller needs are housing and shelter (including rent assistance), utilities, and food access. 


Community Guide to Assistance 

Feeding the Hungry Food Pantry Guide

Tax Time
A free program that serves elderly, low-income, and disabled individuals who need assistance filing income tax returns.

Housing and Shelter
If you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, please call the Coordinated Assessment in-take line, 336-264-6548