The Alamance Partnership for Children is hiring for an Accounting Director
The Alamance Partnership for Children is a not-for-profit organization serving young children and families in Alamance County. We are an early childhood initiative designed to ensure that young children enter school healthy and ready to succeed. The Partnership is the local administrator for Smart Start and NC Pre-Kindergarten funds. The position is full-time and exempt.
Under the guidance of the Partnership’s Executive Director, the Accounting Director oversees all financial aspects of the organization including, but not limited to:
• Compliance with and adherence to established fiscal policies, procedures and protocols.
• Accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
• Developing and monitoring annual $4 million budget, comprised of 11 program budgets.
• Monitoring spending and revenue using a modified-cash accounting system.
• Ensuring compliance with mandated cost principles, financial and inventory controls.
• Coding and/or review coding for all purchases.
• Preparing reports, including budget amendments and board reports.
• Coordinating and preparing the annual audit package and 990 tax preparations.
• Manage the year-end closing process.
• Working with the Program Director for program budgeting and monitoring.
• Coordinating benefit plan enrollment, participation, and the annual renewal process.
• Compiling and maintaining records for benefit administration.
The Accounting Director also supports certain human resources functions, including personnel file maintenance and staff orientation.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, not-for-profit management, or equivalent experience required. Applicants must have one year of experience in nonprofit fund accounting and grants management. Working knowledge of human resource laws, regulations, policies, and procedures related to personnel management, equal employment opportunity and employee benefits a plus.
Unless prohibited by law, the Partnership requires all staff to certify that they are fully vaccinated to be employed. Those who cannot get vaccinated for medical or religious reasons can request an accommodation where required by law.
The salary range is $60,000 to $68,000. This is an exempt, 40-hour a week position. The Partnership has a robust benefit package including paid health, dental, and vision insurance, a Flexible Spending Account, and vacation and sick days. A simple 401K plan with employer contributions is available after the first year.
The Alamance Partnership for Children is an equal opportunity employer.
Send a cover letter and resume to HumanResources@alamancechildren.org
For the full description click here.
Cass Wolfe / Humanresources@alamancechildren.org